Sunday, September 16, 2007

We're Off To See The Wizard!

I'm writing this in a Borders store waiting for 3pm so we can see the new Harry Potter movie in IMAX (thats about 2 hours from now). Its been a while since I last saw a movie in IMAX (wait, have I ever seen one in IMAX?) so we'll see how things improved.

I'm not a big Harry Potter's fan but I do like the special effects. I have not read the books and don't really care to, although I've had better experiences with books than I have with movies (but they do take a much longer time to finish). I do like magic, however, but apparently not so much as my talented friend Eric. He took me to see the Magic Castle in Hollywood (of which he is a proud member of). I loved the tricks - both the stage and close-up shows. And I always find myself trying to reverse engineer the tricks, mostly to no avail. It sometimes gives me a headache trying to figure out how they did it.

Health wise, I feel sore. And its not just my shoulder area either; my back is hurting a little from the many times I had to bend over every time I have a heartburn attack (which happens maybe 2 an hour). Eating food isn't all that pleasant either. Besides the difficulty swallowing, I get severe hiccups when I eat too fast for attempt to swallow something not well chewed. This is probably what's causing some discomfort around my midsection - which isn't all that bad, but something noteworthy. All of these discomforts should go away if I took a Vicodin pill, but I forgot to bring it. But its OK because I have to force myself to ration the pills I have left - they only gave me a dozen or so (without any refills!). I gotta save them for important things - like when I go back to work tomorrow (just kiddin').

Just to give some people a heads up on what the future entails for me:
1. Chemo starting Tuesday which goes on for 6 weeks, every other week, 1 day a week.
2. Chemo+Radiation soon after; I can't wait!
3. Esophagegtomy (surgery in about 3 months)

At least I'll be in good hands at UCLA, they even have a website for my disease!

Weight: 140.6
Pain areas: right shoulder (and I didn't bring my Vicodin pills with me, ug!)
Numbness: none, really
Nightsweat: none, really
General Attitude: Positive
Swallowing: about the same as yesterday
Medications: Prevacid, vicodin (2 tablets), Vitamin E, Multivitamin

Unique things I did today:
1. See a movie in IMAX (its been a while)
2. Write a blog entry in a bookstore