Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Date With My Oncologist

Weight: 137.8
Pain areas: Throat areas feel substantially less painful – even without medications. =)
Numbness: n/a
Nightsweat: none, really
General Attitude: Positive, but worried about the appointment for today
Medications: Prevacid, Chloraseptic spray+lozanges, Vitamin E, Multivitamin, Lemon grass tea, Tylenol tablet.

I went in for my appointment with my Oncologist at UCLA. I met Brian and Eric over there – I’m glad they came to lend some support. The first doctor (a resident) who came to see me was awesome! Same with Dr. Wainberg; really nice people working there...

As for the report from my oncologist (Dr. Wainberg): I was stage 3 with some lymph node infected tissue but no metastasis. At least I was not at stage 4, which I thought I was at. Whew! The problem is that it went to my lymph nodes – and that is not good, I was not expecting that at all.