Thursday, September 20, 2007

Oh, The Nausea!

Weight: 141.8
Pain areas: none, really
Nausea: 7/10
General Attitude: Positive
Swallowing: 5/10
Medications: Prevacid, Vitamin E, Multivitamin, Zofran

I woke up feeling really nauseated - and the compazine didn't help much. I was even too nauseated to eat some breakfast - but I eventually managed to get some bites in; although it felt like I was going to vomit the whole time. Whats worse than actually vomiting, though, is having the reflex of vomiting but nothing coming out. The way it works for me is that my body tries to expel anything and everything inside my stomach but tries extra hard since nothing is inside. The feeling is not at all pleasant.

Needless to say I took a day off from work. I didn't do much on my day off - just drop off my portable chemo pump and got a full body massage after. Boy, that felt good - the massage wasn't bad either. I also managed to get another prescription for the nausea - zofran.

It seems like cancer is making the big headlines these days. The top digg for tonight was about a CS professor diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He has his own blog here