Wednesday, September 12, 2007

New Spam Filter For My Server

Weight: 140.8
Pain areas: just the reflux
Numbness: none, really
Nightsweat: none, really
General Attitude: Positive
Swallowing: about the same from yesterday
Medications: Prevacid, Vitamin E, Multivitamin, Lemon grass tea

I've been getting waayyyy too much spam lately - and even though most of them automatically go to my "Junk Email Folder", its still a pain to go through it just to make sure there was no false positives. I'm also using GFI MailEssentials to help filter spam.

I decided to try "Greylisting" a try. The technique is pretty simple, actually. It works on the basis that spammers only attempt to send mail once (if the mail bounces, they don't bother resending it). The downside of greylisting is that I no longer get instantaneous emails. Oh well, its a small price to pay.

The software that I use is made by Proxmea and its free!! It works great on my Exchange 2003 server.