Saturday, October 6, 2007

My Ways To Avoid Nausea

Weight: 137.8
Pain areas: 1/10 (little aches all over)
Nausea: 2/10
General Attitude: Positive
Swallowing Difficulty: 5/10
Medications: Prevacid, Vitamin E, Multivitamin, Tylenol, Cephelaxin

More hair loss and more nausua today. This morning was particularly bad for
nausea - but again not as bad as the first round. One simple way that I found
that works to relieve nausea (besides the medication) is walking on the treadmill. I usually go for 1.5-2.0 miles at a walking pace on a slight incline (3.5mph). This seems to help me quite a bit dealing with these side effects, even if its temporary. And of course, its great for your health in general

I was also at the mall today I got myself a 20 minute session from an "aqua massage" (massage works by heated water jets). This was really relaxing - and almost as good as a traditional full-body massage. I like the way that you have control of the water pressure and even the location of where to apply the jets. The soothing music through the headphones was a big plus. I'll have to keep this in mind after my other chemo sessions.

The best method that I have, however, must go to riding my Kawasaki Ninja 250 motorcycle. Its been a while since I last rode him (1 month and 11 days ago - around the time of my diagnosis). And it was a total pleasure being back on the saddle; it instantly put a big smile on my face and made me completely forget
about my nausea and headache. If you're looking for a good starter bike, this is the one to get. No questions about it. The only downsides are that its not fuel-injected and a little slow, but you can lane-split like no other bike can.