Tuesday, October 9, 2007

More Doctor Appointments

Weight: 137.8
Pain: 1/10 (little aches all over)
Nausea: 0.5/10
Depression: 2/10
Swallowing Difficulty: 4/10
Medications: Prevacid, Vitamin E, Multivitamin, Tylenol, Cephalexin

I'm off to see my radiation oncologist today to possibly get tattooed to mark the place where I'll be getting radiated. After that I'm going to for a pulmonary test (breathing test) to see how much my lungs expand so that they'll be able to avoid radiating it.

I've noticed another side-effect with my treatment - my skin on my face has gotten darker. At first I thought it was blackheads but now it looks as though its small, round internal bruises because I'm also getting it on my hands and fingers. My blood counts were normal at my last blood exam (which was last week) so I'm not sure what it could be if its not a side-effect of the chemo. My oncologist said that it is a possible side-effect so I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much.