Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Some Serious Insomnia

Weight: 126
Pain: 0/10
Nausea: 1/10
Depression: 3/10
Tiredness: 0/10
Swallowing Difficulty: 1/10

I haven't been sleeping much lately - for the past 6 days, actually; only about 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Why? It's because of my impending surgery. I just can't stop thinking about it. Its always on my mind and its driving my crazy. I'm taking some medications to help calm my down as well as some relaxation teas and they seem to work ok. But just imagine how serious this surgery will be!!! Maybe I'm thinking that it'll be more than it really is and that I'm just worried for nothing. But I admit - I'm a BIG wimp when it comes to this surgery. I'm not afraid of the actual procedure or even dying on the table - I'll be asleep the whole time and without pain. But what I am afraid of is waking up after and the next 6 days of stay in the hospital. I hate staying over at the hospital. I'll have tubes and wires all over me - I'm so damn scared! ARG!!