Saturday, December 8, 2007

Not Feeling Well

Weight: 135
Pain: 3/10
Nausea: 9/10
Depression: 3/10
Tiredness: 3/10
Swallowing Difficulty: 4/10
Medications: Prevacid, Vitamin E, Multivitamin, Tylenol

So its been two weeks since I started my new regimen of chemo-radiation (I'm taking taxotere + 5FU and daily rounds of radiation). Its been very tough for me since last week and seems like things are getting worse (in terms of how I feel) because of the treatments. The worst part of it all is the extreme nausea when I eat and drink (even water!). A few seconds after I swallow anything I feel a strong urge to vomit and I find myself fighting that feeling and to keep the food down. None of the medications that were prescribed for nausea seems to work for me: Zofran, Compazine, Kytril, Atavan. It got so bad that yesterday I went to my infusion center without an appointment and told them what was going on with me. They had me on a saline drip since they thought that I could be dehydrated from all the vomiting, and a dose of zofran (which didn't really help). One of the doctors there prescribed another drug (I forgot what it was called), but it turns out that it was so expensive - $1000 for 20 tablets, that my insurance would only pay for it if they had "direct authorization from the doctor". I guess a simple prescription wasn't good enough. I'll have to wait until next week to straighten that out.

So yes, I feel like crap. Another thing that bothers me is the sore throat - probably because of the vomiting and the stomach acid. I don't know. But that is probably also responsible for the nose bleeds that I've been having since yesterday.

But I still have my hair.