Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pain Medication That Works

Weight: 135
Pain: 0-5/10
Nausea: 1/10
Depression: 2/10
Tiredness: 2/10
Swallowing Difficulty: 3/10
Medications: Fentanyl Patch, Vicodin

I finally got my hands on some pain medication that actually works! The best one is the fentanyl patch which I wear on my skin for 3 days straight (read more about it here). They say its about 80 times as potent as morphine! Wow. The other drug, which you all probably know about is vicodin. I take this drug when I need instant pain relief - like before eating. What I do is crush the tablet and make it into a powder then mix it with water. This not only makes it easier for me to ingest, but also seems to make it easier to absorb into my system.

I'm continuing with my daily radiation treatment but may have to wait a little while before I start again with chemo.