Thursday, November 1, 2007

First Support Group Meeting

Weight: 136.4
Pain: 0/10
Nausea: 5/10
Depression: 3/10
Tiredness: 4/10
Swallowing Difficulty: 3/10
Medications: Prevacid, Vitamin E, Multivitamin, Compazine

I attended my first support group meeting at the Wellness Community. It was pretty much what I had expected - discussions of each of our "issues", sharing experiences, etc. It was a small group, even more so since some people were not in attendance. I was the youngest in the group, as well as the most recently diagnosed. Everyone else was at least a year into their fight and at least in their mid-thirties.

It was a valuable learning experience, and I certainly would do it again. The only thing though, is that hearing other's struggles does not exactly build up that sense of positive emotions that I really need. But its really about give-and-take, and I can deal with that.