Monday, August 27, 2007

Another Big One Down My Throat

That's right! Today is the big day - I'm getting my ultrasound endoscopy. Today is the day I find out my cancer stage – and I’m not sure what to think. I feel very apprehensive, however. I’ve never felt this nervous before – and I can’t seem to overstate that fact. Physically, I seem to be doing OK – the reflex isn’t that bad (even without taking a Prevacid since yesterday morning). I do get frequent heartburn maybe once an hour or so (or when I try to burp). I did notice some slight numbness on the toes and fingers – like a tingly sensation although it’s probably too minor to say anything about (I’ll mention it to Sarah when I see her – if I remember). And I still feel something on the back of my throat – like its irritated (they tell me it’s the acid, but I dunno). I now realize that I feel alone in what I’m going through even though I have family company with me constantly. I don’t think they realize exactly what I’m going through – it’s very scary. Hopefully I’ll be able to meet other people with what I’m going through.

It is 9:43am and I’m at work. I got here a little before 9am – more than an hour before my regular start time. I didn’t think I should work out today since my procedure is later this day and I didn’t want to screw up the test results from me drinking too much water – or get so hungry that I would have to eat before the test.

I just finished ordering the Sprint EVDO card for my laptop (I think Sarah is right when she said I’ll be using it quite a bit). Joe Franzetta (my boss’s boss) talked with me for a bit – he knows now since Lisa told him. Oh well, everyone will eventually know.

STAY POSITIVE!