Tuesday, August 28, 2007

All Drugged Up

Yesterday was pretty hellish for me. My sister drove me to UCLA for my 2pm appointment and we had to wait about 2 hours for me to see Dr. Ferrell. The worst part was the IV stuck into me (again on my right arm) – that hurt pretty bad; and even if it was in it was pretty uncomfortable. The good thing though was that Brian and Eric came over to see me there. We passed the time chatting (them more than me; I didn’t feel like talking that much – do I ever?) and watching Eric do his magic card tricks.
At the end I was told that I had another biopsy performed on me – and that I would probably need to have a PET scan sometime this week. Its all fine with me. Sarah, Brian, and Eric all know the results now – I told them not to reveal this information to me; even though I have a really good feeling what it is. I don’t even want to say it to myself – or even write it down.
Today my fingers and some toes started to get more noticeably numb – so I kept on moving them around a lot. I guess it could be the sedative they gave me yesterday – I remember hearing that they gave me a lot. I had to go to the bathroom like 5 times just this morning alone. And I felt pretty weak, again probably from the sedative. Went to church this morning at had breakfast at IHOP. I don’t think I’ll be going to work today; Mike is probably expecting me there. I ended up emailing Mike and Vaibhav that I won’t be in today and that I’ll be in tomorrow.
Working out at the gym and taking a swim really felt great – it cleared up a lot of my worries and made me feel more energized. But now I worry that I don’t worry enough.
I noticed a strange feeling around my uvula this morning – like I was able to swallow it. I did a self-examination and found that it might have been accidentally cauterized while Dr. Ferrell was working on me. I don’t really mind – but I just want to confirm it isn’t something serious.
My overall health has been pretty much been the same – but a slight improvement because of the exercise. Swallowing has been noticeable improved probably because of the biopsies that Dr. Ferrell did (I think he made a better pathway for food to go through). Burping has also been improved because of this, but I still have hiccups when swallowing sometimes.