Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Last Posting Before Surgery

I've just finished my last set of pre-ops and I'm all set tomorrow morning for my surgery. Everything went well for my endoscopic ultrasound - my gastroenterologist says there was no endoscopic evidence of the tumor, which is good news and what I was expecting.

I also had a meeting with my clinical coordinator discussing the procedure in detail and what to expect before and after surgery. I must say the details of the aftermath of surgery were very disturbing for me and I'm still in shock that I'll be going through with this. For one thing, I didn't know that I'll have a drainage tube coming out of my neck for over a week! WTF!? I imagine there will be at least 3 more drainage tubes coming out of me and that I'll also be connected to a bag of liquid nutrition through my j-tube for 20 hours out of the day for a week. F**k! Oh yeah, and probably the worst part is another tube through my urethra going into my bladder! ACK! That's gonna hurt for sure!

Shit! Shit! Shit! I can't belive I'm actually going through with this!

I fucking hate cancer! Damn! This is so unfair! AHHHHRG! Shit! ....ok, I just had to vent of some anger.

Anyways, my surgery will start early tomorrow morning around 8am or so but I have to get to the hospital by 5am. I'll try to update my blog as soon as I'm capable of doing so after waking up... which will probably be a day after surgery.

Wish me luck!